Sunday, May 13, 2012

Berea Arts Council Garden Tour

I'm a garden gawker so I eagerly awaited the 2012 Berea Arts Council Garden Tour. I planned this as a special time with my mom and my three daughters for the Mother's Day weekend. The weather was perfect and the six gardens were gorgeous. Water features, secret hideaways, paths of any type were irresistible to me and my kiddos.  I was in awe of each of them and left the tour with a great deal of garden envy.

 My 3 year old provided her own sort of garden noise for part of the tour. She was not happy about the whole leaving-one-cool-place-to-go-to-another aspect of the tour.

Perennial border showcasing gorgeous foxgloves

Their veges planted next to their pool.

My weeping 3 year old under a weeping Red Bud tree.





The large tree was actually a grocery store bought Christmas tree from 1991 that the owner planted.








My favorite spot on the whole tour. Definitely want to add a beautiful fireplace like this one to my yard.
Charming garden shed.

Elevated tree house/deck


whimsical garden door

We had a great time and are looking forward taking the tour again next year. 
In the meantime we'll be checking out some gorgeous gardens during Richmond's Art is the Garden tour on June 9th. http://www.artsinrichmond.org/node/491

2 comments:

  1. That was so cool. LOVE the outdoor door! (and I want one of those outdoor fireplaces too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. My daughter loved playing with that door and we just had to tear ourselves away from the fireplace. It was a beautiful place. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete