Thursday, May 17, 2012

Why Kentucky? Why a blog?

"Soon after, I returned home to my family, with a determination to bring them as soon as possible to live in Kentucky, which I esteemed a second paradise, at the risk of my life and fortune." Daniel Boone


For ten years I lived away from Kentucky, and I understand Mr. Boone's sentiment. Seven generations of my family have called Kentucky home. Most of my growing up years were spent in a wonderful community in Edmond, Oklahoma. My family moved my senior of high school, and I ended my high school career graduating from Milford High School in Massachusetts.

We had lots of fun living in different areas of the country, but Kentucky was always "home".  My grandparents and many cousins lived/live here. I knew that I wanted to come back home to Kentucky for college and to hopefully raise my family. That was twenty years, a happy marriage, and three crazy kids ago. I am very blessed to be living my Kentucky dream with my family in our own Kentucky home.


So... What's here for you?
  • You'll learn about some fun activities here in Madison County, the Bluegrass Region, and in Kentucky.
  • You'll learn about some of the things we do here in our home: 
    • home decorating
    • gardening
    • cooking
    • canning
    • entertaining kids and grown ups

To borrow a saying from one of my friends, who's a pastor at a local church, I hope you have a blessed day.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment